The Fiddle Leaf fig can turn out to be a big and peaceable residing presence in your house or workplace. It has great massive and glossy fiddle-shaped leaves which are fairly sturdy and inflexible. They appear to emanate a way of security. This can be a relative of the old-time favourite, the Rubber Tree and one other fashionable houseplant, the Ficus benjamina. It is a ficus, too, and its botanical identify is Ficus lyrata or Ficus pandurata.
I noticed this on a go to to an attractive florist and simply needed to snap an image of this good-looking and strong specimen. They’re pretty simple to maintain however will take awhile to look nice once more, if they’re uncared for and begin dropping leaves.
Lots of the Fiddle Leaf figs you will discover on the market, are in massive pots and so is not going to require water too typically. I’ve discovered a few of my largest vegetation solely want a month-to-month watering!
These magnificent bushes are natives of the tropics of western Africa and should finally develop as tall as your ceiling. Luckily, they develop slowly and might be pruned.
*You possibly can ship floral preparations and houseplants nearly anyplace on the earth from this florist:
- Prefers some direct solar however tolerates vivid oblique gentle. Full afternoon solar could also be too sturdy..
- Let the highest of the soil
dry very effectively or as much as a few inches beneath the soil line, then water completely. A plant in a 6″ (15cm) diameter pot ought to use a few pint (nearly 1/2 liter) of water.
- A plant in a ten” (25 cm)
diameter pot ought to be watered with about 2 quarts (1-2 liters) of water
when the soil floor may be very dry.
- A plant in a 14″ (35 cm) diameter pot will use about 1 gal
(about4 liters) of water when the soil floor may be very dry.
- Fertilize recurrently for greatest progress.
- The leaves will want
dusting sometimes. showering a few times a 12 months will assist
preserve the leaves shiny and respiratory freely.
- Summertime is nice for cleansing up all of your houseplants open air. In case you place open air for the summer time, keep away from a lot direct solar; they are not used to the depth of the sunshine.
***For a wide range of video clips on houseplant care from my 90’s TV sequence, click on beneath: